How does CO2 laser treatment work for treating acne scars?
A type of laser resurfacing known as CO2 laser treatment can assist in diminishing the appearance of acne scars by using the following:
- Resurfacing effect: As the top layer of skin is removed by the laser, acne scars appear less prominent and the skin’s texture is improved.
- Fractional laser technology: A fractional laser that delivers high-energy light in brief pulses is used in CO2 laser treatment. The body’s natural healing response is sparked and new collagen and elastin fibers are encouraged to be produced as a result of the micro-injuries caused by this.
- Controlled treatment: The laser can be set to target specific parts of the skin, making it possible to treat the skin with control and precision.
How many sessions of CO2 laser therapy do you need for treating acne scars?
Depending on the severity of your acne scarring and your skin type, you may need multiple sessions of CO2 laser therapy to treat it. For best results, most patients need one to three treatments spaced several weeks apart.
The CO2 laser delivers energy to the skin during each treatment, causing controlled microinjuries that encourage the production of new collagen and elastin fibers and stimulate the body’s natural healing response. Acne scars are less noticeable and the skin’s texture is improved as a result of this procedure.
It’s important to remember that CO2 laser therapy is an invasive procedure that can take longer to recover from and has a higher risk of side effects than non-invasive procedures like RF microneedling or Pico Genesis FX. To ensure the best possible outcomes and reduce the likelihood of complications, it is essential to adhere to the aftercare instructions provided by your skincare professional.
If you want to know if CO2 laser therapy is right for your needs and goals, as with any cosmetic treatment, you should talk to a skincare professional. They can also look at your individual situation and suggest a customized treatment plan based on your goals and skin issues.
What can you expect after treating your acne scars with CO2 laser therapy?
There are a few things you can anticipate during the recovery process after treating acne scars with CO2 laser therapy:
- Flaking and peeling: The skin may begin to peel and flake as it heals. This is also normal and should go away over time as the body heals.
- Swelling and itching: As the skin heals, you may feel uncomfortable and itchy. To alleviate these symptoms, your dermatologist may prescribe prescription or over-the-counter medications.
- Swelling and redness: After the procedure, the treated area may be red and swollen for several days. This is normal and should go away over time as the body heals.
- Improved appearance of acne scars: You should begin to notice an improvement in the appearance of your acne scars as the skin heals. The treatment may not be fully effective for several weeks or months.
- Sunlight sensitivity: After the procedure, the treated area might be more sensitive to sunlight for a few weeks. To prevent further skin damage, it is essential to wear sunscreen and to avoid prolonged sun exposure during this time.
To book your complimentary consultation appointment, call us at 416-548-6548 Book a Consultation