Pico Genesis FX is a laser treatment that is meant to make acne scars and other kinds of scarring look better. It works by inflicting controlled, small wounds in the skin with a specialized fractional laser that delivers high intensity energy in extremely short pulses.
How does PICO Gensis FX work for treating acne scars?
Acne scar treatment with Pico Genesis FX works as follows:
- Stimulates the product of collagen: The energy from the laser makes tiny holes in the skin, which helps the body heal on its own and makes new collagen and elastin fibers grow. Over time, this aids in the improvement of the skin’s texture and reduces the appearance of acne scars.
- Fractional Laser Technology: The Pico Genesis FX laser can treat the skin with great precision and control thanks to its ultra-short pulses of just a few picoseconds. With this technology, treatment can be completed faster, more comfortably, and with less downtime.
- Non-ablative treatment: Pico Genesis FX is a treatment that does not remove the skin’s top layer because it is a non-ablative procedure. Because of this, the procedure is less invasive than some other kinds of laser treatments and requires less time to heal.
Patients looking for a non-invasive treatment with minimal downtime may find Pico Genesis FX to be an effective option for reducing the appearance of acne scars and other types of scarring.
How many sessions of PICO genesis FX is needed to treat my acne scars?
Acne scars can be treated with a variety of Pico Genesis FX treatments, depending on the severity of the scarring and your skin type. However, for best results, the majority of skincare professionals recommend a series of three to six treatments spaced two to four weeks apart.
The Pico Genesis FX treatment’s laser energy stimulates collagen production in the treated area during each treatment, which can improve the skin’s texture and quality overall. After the last treatment, acne scars may continue to look better for a few weeks or months.
It is essential to keep in mind that Pico Genesis FX is a gradual process that stimulates the body’s natural healing response. As a result, the full effects of each treatment may not manifest for several weeks. To ensure the best possible outcomes and reduce the likelihood of complications, it is essential to adhere to the aftercare instructions provided by your skincare professional.
What can you expect after treating your acne scars with PICO Genesis FX?
You can anticipate the following after Pico Genesis FX treatment for acne scars:
- Very little downtime: Because Pico Genesis FX is a non-invasive treatment, you should be able to resume your regular activities right away. After treatment, you might be told to wear sunscreen and stay out of direct sunlight for a few days.
- Slight swelling: In the treated area, some patients may experience mild swelling that should go away in a few days.
- Mild redness: Following the procedure, you may experience mild redness in the treated area. This is normal, and it should go away in a few hours or days.
- Stimulates collagen: The Pico Genesis FX treatment uses laser energy to stimulate collagen production in the treated area, which can improve the skin’s texture and quality overall.
- Gradual results: The majority of patients require a series of treatments for optimal results, although some patients may notice an improvement in the appearance of their acne scars after the first treatment. After the last treatment, acne scars may continue to look better for a few weeks or months.
To book your complimentary consultation appointment, call us at 416-548-6548 Book a Consultation