Acne scars can be treated with radiofrequency microneedling, a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that combines microneedling with radiofrequency energy. Rolling, boxcar, and ice pick scars are just a few examples of acne scars that can be effectively treated with this method.
How does radio-frequency microneedling improve acne scars?
Acne scar treatment with radiofrequency microneedling works in the following ways:
- Energy from radiofrequency: Radiofrequency energy is also delivered to the skin by the device, which warms the deep layers of the skin where collagen and elastin fibers are made. The radiofrequency energy’s heat encouraged the growth of new collagen and elastin fibers, thereby enhancing the skin’s texture and diminishing acne scars.
- Micro-needling: Small punctures in the skin are made with a device that uses tiny needles to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin fibers. Acne scars are less noticeable and the skin’s texture is improved as a result of this procedure.
- Controlled Treatment: The depth of the needles and the amount of radiofrequency energy delivered to the skin can be precisely controlled with radiofrequency microneedling. Because of this, treatment can be tailored to each patient’s specific acne scars and requirements.
This procedure uses radiofrequency energy and microneedling to improve the overall texture of the skin, lessen the appearance of acne scars, and tighten the skin, making it look smoother and rejuvenated.
How many sessions of RF microneedling do I need to treat my acne scars?
The number of RF microneedling sessions required to treat acne scars can vary based on the severity of the scarring, age, skin type, and overall health of the patient. The majority of patients usually need multiple sessions to get the best results.To see a noticeable improvement in the appearance of acne scars, most skincare professionals recommend a series of three to six treatments spaced four to six weeks apart. However, depending on their individual response to treatment and the extent of their scarring, some patients may require more or fewer treatments.
It is essential to keep in mind that RF microneedling is a gradual process that triggers the body’s own natural healing response. As a result, it may take several weeks for each treatment to have an effect. After the final treatment, RF microneedling results may continue to improve for several months.It’s best to talk to a skincare professional who can look at your situation and come up with a customized treatment plan based on your needs and goals for your skin. They can also tell you how many sessions are needed for your particular case.
What can I expect after treating my acne scars with radio-frequency microneedling?
RF microneedling for acne scars can have varying downtimes, depending on the patient and the extent of the treatment. For the first few days following the procedure, patients can typically anticipate some mild to moderate redness, swelling, and tenderness in the treated area.
What to expect during the recovery time?
- Minimal downtime: The treated area may be red and slightly swollen after the procedure. Most patients are able to resume their normal activities within a day or two.
- Mild discomfort: For several days, you may experience mild discomfort or tenderness in the treated area.
- Physical activity restrictions: In order to allow the skin to heal, it is recommended that heavy lifting and strenuous exercise be avoided for at least a few days following the procedure.
- Avoiding sun exposure: To prevent UV damage to the treated area, it’s important to stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen.
- Gradual skin improvement: As the skin’s natural healing process begins, you should begin to notice a gradual improvement in the appearance of your acne scars over the next few weeks. To get the best results, most patients need multiple treatments.
When compared to more invasive procedures, RF microneedling for acne scars typically requires little downtime, making it a popular choice for patients who want to improve their skin’s appearance without significantly disrupting their daily routine. However, depending on the patient and the skincare professional’s treatment plan, the exact recovery time and instructions may differ.
To book your complimentary consultation appointment, call us at 416-548-6548 Book a Consultation